The Abaco Inn always feels honored by requests to host weddings and receptions. Call us and we can help you plan a memorable event (242.366.0133 / 1.800.468.8799). The following includes tips we hope will be useful to you.
Couples can arrive in the Bahamas on one day, and as long as the following day is a weekday and not a public holiday, they can obtain the license that following day. You must obtain your license from:
The Government Administrator
Required legal documents:
Dove Plaza, Marsh Harbour
- Original or notorized copy of your Birth Certificate
- Parental consent if either of you are under the age of 18 (eighteen)
- Sworn affidavits if you are single
- Certified copy of a divorce or death certificate of deceased spouse if either party has been married previously.
- BOTH parties must appear at the Administrator's office to apply for the marriage license. There is a fee. The telephone number is 242.367.2344 or fax 242.367.3313, no email as yet.
In order to make things easier for you, below you will find some names and numbers of people we recommend to help your special day run smoother.
We will be happy to advise you on all of the arrangements, but we find it a
lot easier and less confusing for all, if you contact these people
directly and let them know what you are interested in - what you want, how
much you want to spend and all the other plans.
We will gladly help you coordinate it and if you prefer that we handle all
these arrangements, the service fee for coordinating, setting up and
supervision will be determined based on your needs and is payable in advance.